About the WMNVAGet to know YOUR Neighborhood Association
Los Angeles is a large city and life in L.A. can move so fast that we don’t take the time to get to know our neighbors. When this happens we lose something that is so valuable: a sense of belonging to and being supported by a community. In an effort to create and sustain our vibrant community, a group of your neighbors has started the West Mar Vista Neighborhood Association (WMVNA).
We have over 100 members so far and are growing. Anyone living in Mar Vista’s Zone 6 is welcome to join us. Our boundaries are Centinela to Walgrove and Washington Blvd. to The Santa Monica Airport.
Some of our ideas and goals:
- Organize our neighborhood for emergency preparedness
- Start a Neighborhood Watch Program as an effective tool for crime reduction
- Provide opportunities to get to know and socialize with your neighbors
- Act as a sounding board to recognize and determine how best to deal with local quality of life issues
- Connect with people who share similar interests: art, food, knitting, travel or anything else
- Sponsor community service projects
And there will be more ideas as we continue to grow!
The information hub of our organization is this website (WestMarVista.org). We keep our members and neighbors informed of community events and issues through our WMVNA meetings, West Mar Vista Facebook group, and our email newsletter.
Everyone is welcome. Please join us for our meetings or for any events that interest you.
Be involved a little or a lot. It’s up to you.