Robin Doyno chaired the meeting. There were 15 attendees.
- MVNA Café Party 12/15 6-9 PM
- The LAPD Pacific Division Station will host its Winter Wonderland toy giveaway on Friday, 12/11.
- Councilman Mike Bonin will be sponsoring a toy giveaway
Responsibilities include getting to know neighbors, disseminating information on neighborhood crime (from Pacific Division), and distributing door hangers. Volunteers are welcome.
Block Captains have been distributing hangers for the past six weeks – as a result, our e-mailing list has increased from 110 to 180. We encourage volunteers to distribute flyers in their neighborhood – and to inform Webmaster Mike (via firstname.lastname@example.org), who is mapping distribution.
Gregg K. and John K. won the drawing for rain collection barrels and have been notified via email.
Aging in Place Committee (Mar Vista Community Council.)
This committee, which provides assistance to seniors living alone (Independent Living), meets on the third Thursday of every month. The next meeting will be on 12/18/14 at the Windward School. The committee will hold an open forum at the Mar Vista Library 1/8/15. To learn more, go to: http://www.marvistacc.org/committees/aginginplace
Greater LA Homeless Count:
This annual event uses volunteers to count the number of homeless to help determine the allocation of resources. The West LA count will be on Wednesday evening, January 28, starting at 8 pm. For more information, e-mail: email@example.com
- Mail Service: Deteriorating service is due to government cutbacks and pressure to reduce USPS personnel, privatize the service and gut the (postal service union. We encourage members to contact their Representatives and Senators.
- Mark Twain/Mandarin Immersion Program. LAUSD plans to move this program to the Mark Twain School and build new facilities on the campus. This will add hundreds of students (mostly from outside the neighborhood), increasing traffic significantly in an already crowded neighborhood., while creating environmental and emergency response issues Solutions include busing, one-way streets, and redesigning driveways. People interested should email firstname.lastname@example.org
The next Steering Committee meeting will be held on Sunday, January 4 at 3 pm (not 4pm)
Recording Secretary: Jack Nordhaus